Wednesday 28 August 2019

Story story oo

Short Story

Author: Clare Cole

Category : Fiction, Romance (18+)

Synopsis

Lucy’s had a crush on Danny since they were young, but now he’s an international rock star in her brother’s band. On the eve of jetting off on a world tour, she has one last shot at winning his heart – but can true love find its way through the noise?
Chapter one

SONG FOR LUCY

I knew the second I heard him sing those lyrics I would fall in love with Danny Farris. 
Damn that sexy, slightly gravelly voice. Damn those sparkling blue eyes, glancing up at me as those words fell from his beautiful, full lips. Damn those muscular arms, strumming his guitar as he made me melt inside. Damn that beautiful bastard. 
And damn me, too. Hopeless when the time came,"falling for him as easy as could be. I thought I was stronger than that. I thought I could resist. I thought wrong. 
I wasn't playing hard-to-get for the sake of it. Danny had been a prick to me growing up; he poked fun at my red hair and nerdy glasses. He was my brother's best friend so I'd had no choice but to tolerate him whenever he came to our house – which was a lot of the time, by the "by the way. He told me girls like me never had a hope of getting a boyfriend. I'll never forget the time his words cut me to the bone. 
“Lucy, none of the boys like you! You'll never get a date with anyone...you're just not pretty enough!” 
Man, that hurt. 
My brother kicked his punk ass the next day after spending a whole night trying to stop me crying. He came to the house like a dog with "his tail between his legs, head bowed and with a big pink plaster on his knee where he'd been scuffling with my brother. He had a bunch of flowers he'd picked from some neighbor's garden in his hand. "I'm really sorry, Lucy,” he pouted. “I like "you really.” 
I liked him too. But I was 10 and he was 12 back then. Way too old for me. 
Sixteen years on and we still shared that love each other in private, hate each other in public relationship. He was still like that kid sometimes, irresponsible and kind of cocky. But he had a reason these days. Danny Farris was, after "all, one of the biggest rock stars on the planet. 
To be continued.... 😘 


Previous Post
Next Post

0 Comments: